Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The foundation has had an amazing week.

Today has been a tough day. Mainly because I allowed it to be. I am to blame for it, yet tomorrow will be better.
The foundation has had an amazing week.

We held our first of many fund raisers on 9/24/08. You can view some of the pictures at www.lizmartoccilungcancerfoundation.org/fundraiser It was a HUGE success. I am so happy and grateful our mom was there to see it. The kind words she spoke on her audio brought tears to my eyes. Since that night her spirits have been so high, I know they will continue to be that way.

We founded this foundation for ONE reason, to help others, not our mom. However on 9/24/08 it helped our mom more than I could have ever imagined. Having all of these strangers to he show up and donate their time for such a great cause, named after her, sparked a new lite in her eyes.

Personally I could not be more proud of where we are heading. We after only 3 months are helping complete strangers, with the help of complete strangers. I am overwhelmed when I read emails such as “It just arrived. Again, Thank you so much. We really need it.” Coming from a women who’s rent we were able to pay for the last two months.
My life has changed a great deal over the past 4 months, all for the better. I give more than I ever imagined I could.

When we started this foundation we never had a clue what it would do. Simply one person at a time we are changing the world. The butterfly effect I like to call it. Make another’s life a little better and it comes back 10 fold.
I am facing my own personal challenges, yet the foundation and inspiration I find in people faced with this devastating disease makes my challenges seems so small.

I am going to close, but I hope you support our cause as much as me and our board and family members do. Just look at the pictures of my mom, with a huge smile and so much gratitude and you too will know its all worth it.

With Love and Gratitude,
Dan Hart
www.LizMartocciLungCancerFoundation.org

No comments: