Friday, December 19, 2008

Remember to cherish every moment

Well today is Friday. It has been a particulary long week for me. I am struggling with finals and mom being sick again. On Monday morning I made my usual call to mom, however this time was different. She was crying. She was bleeding and didn't know why. I told her she would be fine and not to worry. However in my mind I was breaking down. Towards the end of the conversation mom said she doesn't want to die and she's not ready to die. At that moment I couldn't hold it any longer. I too started to cry telling her she's not going any where and she would be just fine. But honestly I wasn't sure myself. I am at a point now that I cherish every moment with her because I never no when the last might be. Well I relieved my brother Jeff at the hospital at about 6 & didn't leave until around 2:30 am when mom finally got a room. I have had many long nights like this but never imagined so close to Christmas this would happen again. It's now the end of the week and after 3 days mom is back home. Doing better than before. I must close this now because the tears are starting to roll, but in closing I want to say, Remember to cherish every moment like it's your last. Love and appreciate everyone you love always not just when they are sick.


With love until next time,
Laura

No comments: