Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chemo times three

Tonight is the first night I have been able to “feel ok”. As you may know mom started her chemo today. Three drugs that all seem very scary to me, yet I know they will make mom a survivor. Mom is an amazing person after all she created the 3 off us (children) much of the reason I feel the Dr knew she can handle these three drugs.

I sit here at my laptop, at my dinning room table, as I do many (most) evenings, thinking about how much gratitude I have for life. I own a home and a small piece of land, my home sits on. I have an amazing lawn and garden, that was only a parking lot 12 months ago. My home burned, and if it were not brick it would have been a total lost. Without the values my mom instilled in me I would not have my home. I also have to thank my brother as he introduced me to our mortgage broker. I have my health. I am only 35 yet my heart is still ticking just as it should. My plan in life is to never have any regrets, know I did everything I could for that day.

I wrote the first press release for the Liz Martocci Lung Cancer Foundation today. Only days before we hit our 30 day mark. When I say 30 day mark I mean when the idea became a reality, it was all one day. One day, one thought is all it takes to change the world. What color car do you drive? Henry ford said “The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black” My truck is white. Imagination if a goal is what makes a goal real. I imagine Henry knew back then cars would not always be black, but he knew what people needed and wanted at the time. Much like the Liz Martocci Lung Cancer Foundation. Henry Ford said “I will build a car for the great multitude. It will be large enough for the family, but small enough for the individual to run and care for. It will be constructed of the best materials, by the best men to be hired, after the simplest designs that modern engineering can devise. But it will be low in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one-and enjoy with his family the blessing of hours of pleasure in God's great open spaces” The Liz Martocci Lung Cancer is geared to do the same. Change the lives of lung cancer patients and those living with it one person, family at a time.

The Liz Martocci Lung Cancer Foundation knows people need love, compassion and support everyday. Lung cancer does not change that. Lung cancer simply means people dealing with it might need even more support.

Life is an amazing thing and we never know the impact we have on another’s life. When all is said and done we simply know what we did in the world made a difference. Did you make a difference today that will impact the world?

Please stop by and sign the guest book of the Liz Martocci Lung Cancer Foundation. You may never know what a difference a few key strokes can make.

Mom I am so proud of you for making today a complete success. Without you the world would be very different. No Dan, Jeff, Laura, Isayah, Brittnee, Lamont, Eugene, or Julius, not to mention the lives all of us have changed along the way.

I could type all night about the lives you have changed yet I respect you know.

Love Always with a new passion,

Danny

No comments: