Friday, August 1, 2008

It's been a rough one....

Hello everyone, these past two weeks have been very rough for our family. First they told us mom's cancer had spread to her neck & colon. Then after more (agonizing) test for mom thankfully nothing in the neck however it has spread around the colon. It's going to be ok though. Mom is strong & so are we. You know they say "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get" & my wonderful brother (Jeff) says play life like a deck of cards. Like I said before I didn't know what that meant at first, I'm not a poker player! But as the days have gone by I now know what he's talking about. Play them dam cards they are no bodies business. Basically we have been dealt alot. It's been very trying for us as a family to deal with it together & personally. I had a long conversation with my amazing brother (Dan) last night. I was rambling to him about my life’s troubles at this moment & he was telling me how he was having troubles writing a blog when he said you know what if mom says I just can't do this... So we have to be strong together. And remember brothers, mom, pops, & Jazmine we will get through this. As I said before God will only give us what he thinks we can handle i guess that's the deck of cards my brother is talking about. So as we unite together to make this foundation a strong one & help so many other families similar to ours thank you for all you have done to help us. May god bless everyone in some way or another.

With love,

Laura.

www.LizMartocciLungCancerFoundation.org

No comments: