Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Getting Through This

As I lay in my bed tonite I find myself tossing & turning. I can't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. So I decided to blog. You see one of the most important people to me has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. This very special person is my mom. (Please visit her sight @ www.lizmartoccilungcancerfoundation.org) About a month ago my mom was diagnosed with this horrible disease. I know my family & I will fight to get her better but let me tell you it has been a hell of a struggle. One of my brothers told me it's like a deck of cards & we have been dealt the ace now play it right.. I still struggle to find out what that means because I have been dealt with a lot of crap in my life but the possibilty of losing my mom because the government doesn't want to help her, who by the way has been a tax paying citzen for a really long time, I just can't comprehend that. Ok so my mom has worked crappy jobs with no insurance coverage for all of her life & now when she needs the state on her side they say NO!! Well we are not going to take NO for an answer. This has been a struggle but we are getting through it. My brothers & I with the help of Jazmine have started this foundation to help our mom & many others that may come across what we have. I'm not real good at this blogging stuff because I don't talk about my feelings much. So please visit my mom's sight and donate if you can. Remember to sign in on her guest book page. Let's increase the awarness of Lung Cancer-this is the leading cause of death in cancer patients. Awareness is minimal. The Liz Martocci Lung Cancer Foundation is going to strive to make a change. Let's not let it take another life! We are survivors! All of us! MOM I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART! I WILL WORK WITH MY BROTHERS TO MAKE YOU BETTER. YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME. DON'T GIVE UP. PLEASE STAY POSITIVE. LOVE LORI.

No comments: