Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The last month has been tough

The last month has been a trying time for my family and I we just found out that our mother has been diagnosed with Lung cancer. This is a horrible disease and if not treated fast might just cost her her life. The problem that we have is that she has no health insurance so we been getting this run around with all these county services CMS, MEDICAL,SSI, we fill out the paperwork then they tell us to come back in 2 weeks well frankly what if she doesn't have 2 weeks she has a 4cm size tumor on her right lung (which is the size of a golf ball OUCH) I call her everyday to check on her to see how's she's feeling most of the time I think she hesitates to tell the truth because she has in the back of her mind she has no money to fight this disease but the funny thing is I never use to call my mother on a regular basis it took this horrible disease to just do that so don't take anything for granite. You don't know what tomorrow is going to bring. She has one of the best lung cancer doctors to treat her but they won’t see her unless she has funding of some kind. We have told the doctors many times just treat my mother and we will take care of the bill and we all know it will be a costly battle. The grandkids have said they will set up lemonade stands recycle bottles and cans and we have set up a foundation in her name so we can fight this together. That also has been a struggle but isn't life a struggle. MY MOTHER IS ONLY 52 AND HAS MANY MORE YEARS TO GO SO WE WILL NOT LET HER DIE. Sometimes I feel like doing what Denzel Washington did for is son in the movie John Q because I am “armed and ready” but I know in the back of my mind this is not the way to do it. I don't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep or had a dry eye. I just can't imagine what my mom is going through. Everyday somebody asks me how my mom is doing I say she woke up this morning so that was a good thing. MOM I LOVE U. Sometimes I wonder why we pay taxes aren't these services there for us when we need them. Ill tell you this some of our family members are getting a lot closer because of this and it helps to talk about it THANKS BRO LOVE YOU. In closing I just want to thank everybody who took the time to read this but most importantly is TO TELL MY MOTHER I LOVE HER AND WILL GET THROUGH THIS BATTLE YOUR SON JEFFREY AND FREINDS PLEASE REPOST

No comments: