Saturday, July 19, 2008

Never in a Million Years Would I have Thought

Daily I sit here at my dinning room table on my laptop computer waiting to hear the next “ding” of my computer indicating an email has arrived. Some of the emails are those of support and prayers which I truly value and some of the emails are titled “Dear Liz Martocci Lung Cancer Foundation a Donation has been received”. Today I am waiting the hear a ding indicating the latter. As I mentioned in my previous blog we need to be gifted another $4800 by Tuesday. I gave my mom my word the PET scan and Brain scan were already taken care of. At this very moment I am hoping for a miracle, yet inside me I know it is just going to happen if I allow it to.

Just before I started to type this blog one of those “dings” did happen. It was an email from PayPal requesting a bunch more paperwork we do not currently have. Again we are left waiting by the government. Once the 501c3 paperwork is complete and sent to the IRS is can take 3-6 months to get approval. If you don’t believe me do a search on the net or just visit http://www.501c3solutions.us/faq.htm You may also notice on that site the number of hours that are required to complete the paperwork. Let’s just say to complete the paperwork (if you are a pro) you would need to work on it non-stop for 5 days. That means no sleep for 5 days. Thankfully I hired a company to do the paperwork for us so I can spend my time building the website and getting the word out.

I have always known if you put your mind to something you can do it. I have walked over 1200 degree coals with the instruction of the same teacher that took Diane Sawyer over 1200 degree coals in time square. When you think about that it is pretty amazing, what a blessed life I have.

I sit here at my dinning room table knowing I can walk on fire wondering how we as a family, a foundation, with a board of directors, wondering how we are going to raise the funds needed with such little time. I continually look up at the clock thinking last night we need to average $50 an hour and now it about $67 and hour, and nothing has come in today. With each hour that passes the amount per hour needed goes up. Do I fear it will not happen? No I do not. Again I stay focused on the end result and somehow someway it will happen. As I reflect back on previous times in my life that have been a challenge I think about all the times my mom has said “don’t worry baby it will all work out for you it always does”. You know what it has always worked out for me, but this time it is not about me, it is about her. That makes this challenge even greater.

I am going to close this blog with one thing I truly believe in, thoughts become things. What you think about you bring about. I can already see the $6900 dollars in the bank account on Tuesday to cover her PET scan and Brain scan, after all we already have $2100 in there.

May god and the universe bless you and those around you!

Until next time,

Dan Hart

No comments: